|Photo Courtesy of PinoyFoodBlog.com|
2 packs frozen grated cassava ( you can get this at local Filipino stores) or 1 cup grated cassava
2 cans coconut milk (or frozen pack coconut milk)
2 1/2 cans condensed milk
2 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup macapuno or sweetened coconut strings
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks, whipped
1/2 condensed milk
Mix and blend the egg yolks and condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 C
2. Thaw cassava or coconut milk if you bought the frozen one. Mix all ingredients and blend well.
3. Line a pyrex dish ( 9″ x 15 x 2″) with aluminum foil or better yet with banana leaves.
4. Pour the mixed ingredients (in number 2) onto the pyrex dish.
5. Bake at 325 C for 25 to 35 minutes. You will know it is done when the top solidifies.
6. Remove from oven.
7. Spread the topping on top. (see above mixture)
8. Bake an additional 10 more minutes until the topping thickens.
9. Remove from oven. Cool.
If you are in the Philippines and use fresh cassava. Peel the cassava and wash. Grate Finely. Squeeze to extract juice and set aside.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Many thanks PinoyFoodBlog.com!