|Photo Courtesy of myspicedlife.com|
3 Tbsp milk, room temperature
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp or 3/4cup) butter, soft
zest of one lemon
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp sugar
1. Grease a loaf pan (approx. 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking soda and mix with the whisk attachment for 30 seconds to blend.
3. With a fork, whisk together the eggs, milk, lemon zest and vanilla.
4. Add the softened butter and half the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until just incorporated, then increase speed to med-high and mix for one minute. Scrape down the sides.
5. Add the remaining egg mixture in two batches, mixing for 20 seconds and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
6. Scrape batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted to the middle of the cake, about 55 minutes. I also recommend rotating the cake halfway through the bake time to ensure even baking.
7. Let cool for about 20 minutes.
8. Mix the lemon juice and 3 Tbsp of sugar.
9. Carefully unmold pound cake onto a plate. With a fork, poke holes into the top of the cake.
10. Brush (or spoon) the lemon syrup onto the cake. Don’t worry if it drips down the sides-that’s okay.
11. Transfer cake to a clean plate and cool completely.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Many thanks myspicedlife!