|Photos Courtesy of In Katrina's Kitchen|
Basic Sugar Cookie
( Makes 15-20 LARGE cookies)
**Also you DO NOT CHILL this dough before cutting
· 2 cups of butter
· 2 cups of sugar
· 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon of almond extract
· 2 eggs
· 4 teaspoons baking powder
· 6 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in extracts and eggs.
4. In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a counter top surface. Wet your hands and finish off the dough by hand.
5. DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. You want these cookies to be on the thicker side (the idea is to hold a lot of icing, right?!).
6. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Many thanks to In Katrina'sKitchen!