|Photo Courtesy of Wilde in the Kitchen blog|
Key Lime Mallowpuffs
For the GrahamCracker :http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/05/graham-crackers/
1. Make your dough and chill it overnight. Take half of the dough and roll it out to 1/8-inch thickness. Stamp out 2-inch rounds. Set the rounds on a baking sheet and chillin the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Pipe a blob of marshmallow onto the cookies, about 1/4-inch from the edges. The marshmallow will spread a little and you don't want it to jump off the cookie!
4. Let these set for at least four hours.
6. Flip it over. Take the chocolate-covered cookie out with a fork and tap off excess chocolate. Let the cookies sit on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
7. When you run out of chocolate, drop the naked ones in sprinkles. I actually liked these the best. The lime flavor is very obvious!
[ Adapted from Marshmallows ]3. Remove thermometer and add in gelatin bloom. Stir gently to mix, the sugar will foam up. Transfer the marshmallow batter to your stand mixer (or a large bowl). Whip (gradually increasing to high speed) for 12 minutes. Allow this to sit for five minutes and transfer to a piping bag with a large circular tip.
Many thanks to WildeintheKitchen and SmittenKitchen blogs!